What I Know To Be True About Stress
I hate having stress in my life. For many years stress was a habit – a lifestyle. I loved stress and thrived on chaos. I still tend to do way more than I should and I love many multiple projects going on at once. Yet even though I am busy – today I do not get stressed as often as I used to. And when I do let stress get the best of me – I tend to notice it quicker and do something about it.
What I know to be true about stress today is:
- It’s temporary – it will pass.
- It’s a choice. If I choose to focus on how stressed and busy I am, I WILL be stressed and busy.
- Stress attracts stress. I can choose to avoid stressful places and stressful people.
- Most of the stories I tell myself and the things I worry about NEVER HAPPEN.
- I create most of my stress – it’s not anyone else’s fault.
- I can be less stressed no matter what’s going on in my life.
- When I’m stressed I’m not creative and I’m less effective.
- I sleep better when I’m not stressed.
- And when I manage my stress and let things go – life is just darn GOOD!