Be More Content
- As I focus on all that I have to be grateful I become more content.
- Keep gratitude journal and add to it weekly.
- List five things each day that you are grateful for on a post-it note and then stick it on your computer, look at it throughout the day and pause for gratitude breaks.
- Volunteer. Giving of our time and talents keep us grateful.
Develop Close Relationships
- Spend time weekly with your closest family and friends.
- Be real with the people who love you most.
- Be available for others – Give of yourself.
Accept that Life is a Process
- Journal. Keep track of progress and celebrate successes.
- Give yourself permission to have a bad day. Go home, put on your pjs and have a good cry. It’s okay!
- Ask for help when you need it. Asking for help and being able to receive it is a good thing.
Get Connected Spiritually
- Take quiet time each day.
- Go to church, synagogue or enjoy the awesomeness of nature.
Celebrate Your Self and Your Life
- Throw a party – truly celebrate your next accomplishment!
- Share your successes and failures with others.
- Do something just because you deserve it.