Tips for Getting More Focused
2. Pay attention to your surroundings. Often the answers and opportunities are right in front of us – we just don’t pay attention to them. Practice paying attention to what is right in front of you.
3. Single-task. Multi-tasking is a lie – it’s not more productive. Single-tasking allows you to focus on one thing at a time and do that one thing really well.
4. Eliminate distractions. Shut your door, turn off the TV and let others that you need focused time. This will be an ongoing process – stay with it.
5. Work in smaller chunks of time. Commit to 60 to 90 minutes of focused work and then take a creak or switch gears.
6. Have a focus partner. Set goals together for how you will be more focused and then check in with this person once a week. Committing to being more focused and then having to answer to someone about it will help.
7. Give yourself a break. Being focused is a life long journey. It is okay to take a break, celebrate your victories and reset the course when you need to. This is not something you will ever do perfectly.