Your Customers Need LOVE
It’s simple. The best marketing tool you can employ is to LOVE YOUR CUSTOMERS! Yes I said it – LOVE YOUR CUSTOMERS.
People can get products or services in a variety of places. They don’t need you. They have hundreds of places to spend their money. You’re not unique. Your customers don’t owe you anything. You’re in business to serve them. And LOVING them is the best way to show them!
I’m not trying to get all gushy here or be super fluff with this post. But I think the truth is deep down people just want to be loved. They want to be noticed and appreciated. So as smart business owners, if we show our customers we care – they trust us. And then they’ll want to come back and buy from us again. Customers want a good experience – one in which they are valued.
I’ve had two experiences over the last few months that really stand out. Company A did NOT SHARE THE LOVE and Company B went above and beyond to make me feel special. Needless to say I will NOT be returning to Company A. And Company B I have already recommended to MANY people. As the result of great service and feeling the LOVE, I wanted to share my experience. They didn’t ask me too – I just did it. In today’s business world we can share the positive and negative INSTANTLY. We share our experiences on social media – good or bad. And then social networks take on a life of their own. As owners we can try to steer conversations but if people are not happy – THEY WILL TELL OTHERS. And then no amount of marketing can get them back.
Below are some ways to LOVE YOUR CUSTOMERS this month:
1. Send them a handwritten thank you card.
2. Give a shout out to them on social media.
3. Give them something extra. Something they were not expecting.
4. Ask them to be part of something you are doing.
5. Say THANK YOU!
6. Listen to them. Ask for their opinion. [The best ideas for growth often come from our customers]
7. Treat your employees well. LOVE them and they will share the LOVE.
8. Answer your phone. Avoid the temptation of letting voice mail get it.
9. Leave cheerful messages to others.
What do you do to show your customers LOVE? What are you going to do?